Short Description: Supports the creation, editing, publication and management of digital media and other information.
Full Description: The content management services ICT Building Blocks is used to create and manage digital content. It allows multiple users to create, access and share content in a collaborative environment. This ICT Building Blocks is typically used for enterprise content management (ECM) and web content management (WCM). Content management systems can be software as a service (SaaS) or platform as a service (PaaS).
Other Names: ePublication, Document management
Key Digital Functionalities:
- Requires user ID and authentication for access control functionalities
- Allows the administration and moderation of content creation, access and sharing
- Enables web- or mobile-based user interfaces (UI) for content creation, editing, and managing version control, storage, access and sharing. Commonly known as content management application (CMA)
- Offers a content delivery application (CDA) that delivers content to users and devices (eg website and mobiles)
- Provides a content repository, which is a database to store content in digital format
- Allows for the creation and management of websites by users with limited technical skills
- Offers digital media converters that convert media according to the storage needs (eg reduce file size) or rendering needs (eg converting audio/video codec) of different access devices
Examples of use in different sectors:
- Agriculture sector:
- Agriculture Wiki (eg Agropedia)
- Create knowledge banks (eg IRRI Rice Knowledge Bank)
- Collaborative knowledge sharing platforms, such as Global Open Data for Agriculture & Nutrition
- Education sector:
- Ministry of education content portals that provide curriculum-aligned digital content, lesson plans, and exam papers for download by education communities
- Health sector:
- Preventive care programmes can use these tools to raise awareness and spread information about medicines, diseases, lifestyle disorders, family planning, stress management, etc
- CME programmes can use this tool to create or publish education and training content for students
- Digital marketing can use content management services to manage advertisements as well as display and promote health messages, products and services
You must login before you can view / post comment.