Short Description: Enables multiple users to simultaneously access, modify or contribute to a single activity, such as content creation, through a unified access portal.
Full Description: The collaboration management services ICT Building Blocks enables the sharing, processing and management of files, documents and other data types among several users or systems in order to help people involved in a common task achieve their goals. In terms of the level of interaction it allows, this ICT Building Blocks may be divided into real-time collaborative editing (RTCE) platforms that allow multiple users to engage in live, simultaneous and reversible editing of a single file (usually a document), and version control (also known as revision control and source control) platforms. These platforms allow separate users to make parallel edits to a file, while preserving every saved edit by every user as multiple files that are variants of the original file.
Other Names: Groupware, Wiki, Online knowledge sharing platform
Key Digital Functionalities:
- Provides a user interface (UI) to access and work within the software environment
- Requires user identification and authentication, mostly using a token-based authentication system
- Provides an administrative function that defines user rights and accessibility control
- Facilitates integration with social media and discussion forums for live discussion threads
- Helps users organize or participate in webinars and knowledge sharing platforms
- Facilitates information sharing, including multimedia-based information eg video, audio and photos.
- Provides an HTML-based rich text editor
- Offers a version control system
- Enables peer-to-peer messaging
- Provides audio/video conferencing
Examples of use in different sectors:
- Agriculture sector:
- Agri-Wikis (eg Agropedia) help agriculture research and development (ARD) and agriculture extension communities collaboratively develop knowledge packages for farmers
- Education sector:
- User-generated content produced by learners, teachers and management can be uploaded to education portals that service various education communities
You must login before you can view / post comment.